The Compton organ is still playable.
An Art Deco trail around some of the buildings is available click here, the buildings listed here plus others have been plotted on a Google Map - thanks to JaneZ click here, there is a, gallery section with photos of some of the buildings featured.The film showing at the time was 'A Hundred Men and a Girl' with Deanna Durbin as this was cinevariety, the act was 'The Penslows' a Dutch Strong man acrobatic act just over from Holland.Unilever New Bridge Street EC4 Designed by J Lomax-Simpson in 1930-1.Paramount Court Tottenham Court Road/Grafton Way This residental building with its adjacent cinema theatre and ballroom was commissioned from Frank Verity Sam Beverly in 1936.Its features include a fine raised platform and organ screen.Richmond Station (pix) Kew Road, Richmond texas holdem probability chart Rebuilt in 1937 its facade includes a square best bonus dad ever clock Southgate N14 (Piccadilly Line) This was designed by Charles Holden in 1933.( the Burton family were of a temporance persuation and believed in providing alternatives to licensed premises for public entertainment).It is Grade II listed and on camra's National Inventory (interiors of outstanding historical interest).The current owners, a religious organisation - are in the process of submitting planning applications.It sells real ale by gravity stillage dispense and cider and wine only.
The steel framed building has a tall symmetrical front faced in buff faience.
Prince Edward Old Compton Street W1 This has an Art Deco interior of 1929-30 by Marc-Henri and Gaston Laverdet with an unusual circular foyer.
Extra pix Hornsey Town Hall The Broadway N8 Designed by Reginald Uren in 1933.First Church of Christ Scientist 54B Widmore Road Bromley Oval vestibule and Austrain oak panelling by W Braxton Sinclaire (1928/33).Front view of the facade of the former Ealing Empire Cinema.Few people will mourn the loss of these buildings.The blue cafe was added in 1936.Introduction, art Deco flourished through the 20s 30s impelled by the Paris Exhibition of 1925 and was applied to all forms including architecture.It became the Cameo in 1961, closing in 1963 to become a bingo club, then it reopened to show uncensored sex films in 1970 as the Tatler Film Club, the opening films were Love Lamp Seven and Free Love Confidential, it eventually closed in Aug.